For business people needing to make formal presentations and pitches, good presentation skills are essential. Given time, we can improve the confidence of the most nervous speaker and we can give an extra coat of polish to the performance of even the most experienced speaker.
This course helps you to:
- Control your nerves and overcome your fear
- Establish a rapport with your audience
- Write presentations that keep people interested
- Know your audience
- Communicate your passion about the subject to the audience
- Create the right first impression
- Enhance your presenting charisma and increase your impact
- Use PowerPoint effectively (and know when to avoid it!)
We use video cameras to show people what they look and sound like when they give a short sample presentation on a subject of their choice. This will initially scare many people, but we are very careful to create an environment where everyone is comfortable to make mistakes and to learn from them.
We believe that people will only work to improve a skill if they agree that they need to improve it. Think about it: are you more likely to change the way you present because a trainer told you to or because colleagues on the same course agreed with the trainer. That’s why we encourage constructive feedback among the participants on our courses. That’s also why we often use videos to show you what you look like. It’s amazing how many people will be unaware of a very noticeable bad habit until they seem themselves on video.
If you will shortly be making an important presentation or a formal pitch to a potential client, we can also help you sharpen your technique and polish your proposal with one-to-one coaching